Monday, October 18, 2010

Case Study

Thanks for all of the wonderful comments to my last post during our TAC blog hop this weekend...wow, you knocked my socks off!

I love to CASE a card when I'm short on time or inspiration...and that's why I love the CASE study blog where you have permission to copy a card for it's ideas...whether it's layout, theme or color.

This is my card that I just made this morning - it ended up changing when I dropped my inked up quote onto the white raccoon panel and it bounced and double stamped...argh... So I pulled up the panels, chopped, tore the edge of the long orange panel to give it some interest, and taped everything back down - minus the quote! oh well...



I clear embossed on the blue panel for some interest, and here's a better view of the raccoon. I tried out the dotted background that is pretty popular recently with my copic markers. The darkest blue was maybe too much but once you start, you are committed!



Card Materials: all stamps from The Angel Company (Give Praise to Him), branch from Limited Edition set (full size: Happily Grateful)

PS. Did you miss the cutoff for purchasing retiring stamps from our Discontinued List? Email me today yet if you "needed" something and just forgot or got too busy...I can relate!!

9 comments:

Heather said...

Love your card Chris - I love happy accidents that make you re-work a piece! Keeps us on our toes. I always think that is God's way of keeping us humble. And I think your background turned out great!

Danni said...

I really love this card! The clear embossing is such a great touch!! Awesome!

Kim said...

Love how it turned out Chris...
sometimes happy accidents are the best!!! LOl!

Southern Moments said...

Sweet card..love that stamp!! I have a few of those critters outside my balcony...they sure do love to chatter...kinda cute, but not at 3 in the morning! LOL

Mary
Scrap n' Stamp

Trudy Osborn said...

This is a fabulous card!!!I love your coloring, great take on the CASE

Andrea Ewen said...

Wonderful card! Love the gorgeous colors and what a fabulously colored image! Well done! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Lovely card, and super colouring! Thanks so much for playing with us! xxx

Sue Kohler said...

this is stunning Chris, the colours are striking and the colouring is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Case Study this week! :)

Juliet A said...

Awesome card! The ribbon and embossed piece pick up the colors in the image perfectly!