Friday, October 8, 2010

TGIF!

It's been one of those weeks where I am just glad it's Friday! I was back to substitute teaching yesterday and loved it (although I was nervous going in again!). My calendar is starting to fill up and that means my "normal life" is changing. Add to that Homecoming week for my daughter and for my son: learning to balance studying, football and Xbox time! I think the best job description for a mom must include: juggling!

A while back I sponsored the Embellish It challenge blog and I got to "know" one of the designers, Marianna. I started following her blog and then she was featured on a new challenge blog called: CASE Study. In turn I met Iwona (aka Chupa) and this week I am fortunate enough to sponsor her challenge blog with a prize so I hope you'll check it out...if not for the prize, for the amazing card designs you'll get to enjoy! :)

I hope to play along to but in the meantime, I want to share this cuddly little guy with you from one of The Angel Company's new fall supplement sets. I had a hard time coloring him - yikes! This was my third try and in the end, I cut out part of the body and layered it...easy way to get rid of the stray color that bled outside of the lines.

Well I have to get going! My hostess club ladies are coming over in an hour and I have to get dressed, cut paper and vacuum! Yes, I do love to live life on the edge...TGIF!!!

7 comments:

Karen from PA said...

This little guy is so cute! I must have him. Really adorable card, Chris.

Angela K said...

So CUTE, I just love this set!! Great card!!

Silli said...

OMG, such a sweet image, love the colors... well done Chris! HUGS

Noelle said...

I love this little penguin card!! SO cute & I really like your choice of papers and ribbon on this:)

Kellyismyangel said...

What a cute, little guy! I love penguins! What a fun job it would be to care of penguins at the zoo!

Juliet A said...

The colors really come together in this card - very nice!

Angela aka disneychick said...

This is such a cute and colorful card! I love it! I am going to have to get this set!