Monday, January 17, 2011

Case Study

Mercy Kerin is the "muse" over at the CASE Study blog this month...and I must say she has a fabulous card design for you to CASE! I love the square size of her card but I typically use the normal 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 so I stuck with that for my card...

Hemingway is one of my favorite paper lines from The Angel Company - the colors and patterns are wonderful. I had some white lace and I soaked it in some left over coffee to get it to match better. I added the "stitching holes" with my paper piecer after I had the card all put together and checked out Mercy's card one more time. I saw that she had done it and honestly, it added a lot of my card!


Card Materials: all stamps and papers from The Angel Company
Stamps: Hope Perches
Accessories: Hemingway Soar with it Collection & cardstock, buttons, scrappers floss, lace, paper piecer, Nestabilities, sponge, bind it all.

I think if you click on the card, you may see it better. I distressed the edges and used my Bind it All for the upper corner detail. I also did a little sponging while I had the Nestabilities label still in place. I hope you get the chance to play along by tomorrow - you have the chance to win a free stamp set from me!!

I am having MAJOR computer issues...every day, and several times a day, my computer has been turning itself off for a "crash dump" and I hope I am able to restore things by reinstalling the original disks...I've been reading help forums but any ideas would be welcome! I may be calling the "geek squad" yet. sigh. Anyways, if I disappear for a while, that's why. Hope you have a super week ahead!!

10 comments:

Debra Hensley said...

I love it- love Hemmingway too- all the little details add so much. Great CASE!

mischelle smith said...

WOW! Gorgeous card Chris!

Aimes said...

What a cool idea to soak the lace! I love it!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Chris! Love the soft and subtle color combo!

lindy said...

Gorgeous card Chris! thanks for visiting my blog much appreciated

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely card, love the soft tones of your creation, thanks for sharing!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and your lovely comment too! : )

Julie said...

Great card. Thanks for popping by my blog.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

What a beauty, Chris! I'm glad to see you playing too, thank you for your wonderful sponsorship! You're welcome any time :)

Sue Kohler said...

gorgeous card Chris! the sentiment is so beautiful, thanks for joining us for another week at CASE study! :)

Juliet A said...

This card is too good - it's too full of fascinating details! I doubt the recipient would appreciate how cool it!