Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Going off on a tangent...

Ask my husband, when I'm talking (or thinking!) my mind often goes off on a tangent. The other day, my card making had the same experience! Now don't get me wrong, I actually really like this card, but wait until you see the "inspiration" piece -- you are going to say, "huh??"



Card Materials:
Other: Hemingway Soar with it Collection and cardstock, Burnt Sienna Palette ink, Amelia hardware

And here is the card from Melissa Phillips that originally caught my eye! tee hee.



Once I stamped the flourish, I gravitated to the Hemingway paper pack because of the colors. I had some scraps leftover and I guess I just fell into a trap of using them.

So yesterday I went back to the drawing board. I mean I really like this piece by Melissa and I was determined to make it work! I had some white flowers that I edged in Claret palette ink and this time I was determined to cut paper! I used the Genevive paper pack that is now retired from The Angel Company.


Card Materials:
Materials: Genevive, DCWV Robin #1, Button from In Bloom collection, Beaux Arts & Claret palette inks, scallop scissors

Closer but still not "perfect". oh well, now I have to figure out how to mail this!

5 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

wonderful!!!
Hugs
Angie

Silli said...

Hello Chris, the cards are so beautiful. I love the colors... Happy weekend...,-) Hugs from Silke

Bridgett Owens said...

Great cards! I like them both and the inspiration piece is awesome as well! Love it!

Unknown said...

what a pretty cards did you make :D

Kim said...

Chris Great take on the inspiration piece! I love the victorian flavor!