Monday, June 1, 2009

Perfecting the Flower Punch

I love the look of flowers on my cards and often use the bitty blossoms that you can find on the stems of a dollar bunch. But I also have my two punches, the Extra and Jumbo size blossoms, and I want to use them as often as I can. Sometimes they just look kinda "flat" to me so I like to top them with a button. My friend and fellow angel, Barb, gave them some color to make them look more dimensional - she won a TAC contest using that technique and you can see her work here: http://www.theangelcompany.net/CW_June09_BundleJoy.html

Then a week or two ago, I read a posting by Dawn McVey and she overstamped her punched flowers and crinkled them up! Easy, easy and such lovely results. I used her card to CASE (Copy And Steal Everything!) - her card was more bright, if you are familiar with her work, but I'm so happy with the results!



Card Materials:
Stamps: Artsy Elements (retiring soon! so sad), You Are, Script, Swirlies
Accessories: Cardstock from miscellanous Soar with It Collections, button, ric rac, marker, Aspen Mist Versamagic ink, Nestabilities die, Extra Jumbo and Super Jumbo flower punch

Commerical announcement:

1. I emailed my monthly newsletter today with all of the TAC specials - let me know if you'd like to start receiving it! There's NEVER any pressure to buy!

2. Don't forget to order your retiring stamps before 28 June.

3. I've begun to take catalog preorders! I'm adding a little thank you to all catalogs ordered by June 18 - and as always, I'll be including a $4 off coupon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you took the Labels One die and made it look like the super popular SU die cut. Super idea!

Barb said...

Great card, Chris! Love the flowers and all of the layering :)

Silli said...

Chris, your card is very pretty. I love the flowers and the colors... Happy day!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card!

Laurie said...

LOVE THIS! This is one of my favorites!! So pretty! And I love the color combo!!