Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall Fun

I bought another new punch this week - I know, I need to go to some kind of 3 step class to stop this madness (because you may not know that I just got two more spellbinder label sets!). The good news is that it doesn't work so I will return it. But, I wasn't going to let the disappointment of punching a new border stop me. I grabbed some scraps and got to work. Even this oval and scalloped black oval were in my precut pile so this card came together so quickly - I was able to finish it in one sitting!

I masked just a bit of the bottom of the oval so that the little girl's dress and feet are missing but she still managed to look centered. I'm taking a watercoloring class and I think the ideas are even helping me with my colored pencil work. I love the fall colors here!

Stamps: Fall Fun, The Angel Company

I also was busy baking yesterday for our church Bazaar today...These rum cakes are absolutely delicious and I'll be back next week to share the recipe. They are perfect for fall. (anytime, really!) To dress them up, I used my largest scallop Spellbinders die and punch them out of parchment paper for the cakes to sit on. A matching scalloped tag finished it off - too bad my ribbon tying skills are still lacking.


Have a wonderful weekend! We have a big football game tonight - my son's undefeated team against the only other undefeated team. And the forecast? More rain and cold!! ugh.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

These rum cakes look delicious. I hope I get to the bazaar in time to buy a couple. Please don't forget to pass on the recipe. (If you forget, I know where you live!
Will they still play football in this weather??

Patti J. said...

Card is adorable! We all have those addictions to punches and 'stuff'... gotta have it! Love how you masked off the girl - great job! Your baked goods look heavenly! MMMmmmmmm.......

Danni said...

I wish my only addiction was punches, the list is never-ending...stamps, paper, embellishments...need I go on? LOL!
Cute card and those rum cakes look delish!

Godelieve said...

Adorable image, love your coloring. The cakes look gooooooood!!