Wednesday, October 7, 2009

SCS 249 Sketch - Fall Flowers

Wow...I can't believe that I actually completed a SCS sketch and got it posted on the day it came out! This is a first for me. George is traveling so I stayed up a bit later and stamped my Watercolor Plants by coloring them with tombow markers and just a spritz of water. I also happened to get some new Label Nestabilities in so I was happy that the two paired well. No sketch when I checked so I went to bed. In the morning, the perfect sketch awaited me and I got to work!

Just for some extra pizzazz...I hand cut the brown border out around the main image and I stamped Swirlies with Tombow green markers, again lightly spritzed with water.



Card Materials: Stamps and papers from The Angel Company
Stamps: Watercolor Plants, Swirlies
Accessories: TAC Brown cardstock, DCWV pack, antique brads, nestabilities, fiskar border punch, watercolor paper, Tombow Markers and water bottle

Now if my work with Watercolor Plants hasn't convinced you yet to buy this set from The Angel Company, I hope you'll take a peek at what Silke has been doing with them over in Germany. She's used different techniques and some great, non traditional colors with this set for some WOW cards!

9 comments:

Barb said...

This is beautiful! Fantastic job with that technique... were you needing my mailing address again? ;)

Silli said...

Hello sweet Chris, your card is soooo beautiful. I love the watercolor stil! Great work. Many, many thanks for all the good words... Hugs and happy day! Silke

Sharon said...

I keep seeing that printed background technique...do ya'll just rip a page out of a book? Very nice card. Love the layout and spritzing, makes it softer looking. Sharon NJ

Chris said...

Sharon, I do just rip out a page! I have an old book that was headed to Goodwill and that's my book for stamping. :) I do know though that you could probably get free "text" online that you then just print off on your computer...but I love the aged look of this paper.

Juliet A said...

Very pretty - I like the interest the label shape generates.

Danni said...

What a wonderful card!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Chris!! I just love this card!! The water color image is incredible!! I am with Barb! You can send it to me!! Love all your layering and the design!!

Have a great day!

hugs,
Chris

Annette said...

Beautiful and elegant, I love it! The watercolor effect is awesome!
Have a great weekend!

Trudy Osborn said...

Gorgeous!!! I LOVE IT! This stamp set is on my wish list