Monday, October 12, 2009

Trees...

Late this summer I watched my neighbor's house and kept his garden and pots watered for 3 weeks - easy "duty", for sure. So, I was overwhelmed when he came over with a gallon container of pure maple syrup made in Canada where they had been visiting. I wanted to make a nice thank you note and thought this tree would be perfect. My folks actually make maple syrup themselves in upper Wisconsin and I know it's hard, hard work to just get a gallon of "finished" syrup and that's why it's so expensive!


Card Materials: all papers and stamps from The Angel Company
Stamps: Good Timber
Accessories: Amelia Soar with it Collection and cardstock, buttons, brown scrapper floss, nestabilities

Sorry for the dark photo - it's really a dreary day. My kids are home for the holiday but it's not the type of day to do anything outside; so, we're just vegetating!

Edit: Patti J. - you were right to question a gallon! I just looked again and as it's Canadian, the measure is one Liter - but still quite a lot of syrup. Especially since (brace yourself!) my husband and son prefer the store bought "fake" stuff! ugh...

I had meant to include this photo from Oktoberfest of a man dressed up as a tree - which really puzzled my little niece and nephew!

hence the title of my post, Trees!

8 comments:

Laurie said...

Hope you are having fun "vegging" Chris! I love your card! The tree is perfect for a Thank you card!

Karin said...

Love the card chris!! Just gorgious combinations!

We'll keep in touch (it's been a while back).

luv, karin

Danni said...

Very nice!

Patti J. said...

Holy cow! A GALLON of maple syrup? Whatever will you do with it all??? Wow! Great card Chris - your neighbor will be flattered and awed!

Annette said...

What a cute card, it's perfect for your gift you received! My boyfriend is the same way, just give him some syrup, doesn't care where it came from! I myself love the real thing, there is no comparison to the fake stuff, it is so much better!

Trudy Osborn said...

Wonderful card! My brother makes maple syrup and sells it to a bunch of shops in/around North Conway, NH. To my family it is wonderful, but I am like you, give me the store bought over the real stuff any day.

Silli said...

Chris, your card is beautiful, I love the fall colors, the buttons are fab! Thanks for sharing the pic from the octoberfest... It´s so funny... Happy day... I hope you understand me...;-)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your card Chris!! The colors and design are so beautiful for fall!! Love the print panel!! The tree is the perfect image!