Wednesday, December 2, 2009

OCC and a Recipe

I'm sneaking in a card that I quickly made for the challenge over on OCC this week...I really raced against time since I made myself hang the Christmas lights outside first (it was a warm day and I knew today would be overcast and wet - hence the bad photo below!), had to run out and get advent calendars for the kids, and I had a wonderful group of ladies over for a card making workshop.

The sketch had these two ornaments with snowflakes inside...I have both types of stamps so of course, I wanted to do something different - couldn't be easy! I love these retired angels from The Angel Company and had it in my mind that they would be floating in the sky...but they were a tad to big and so in the end, this worked best with the ornament idea. I also finally got to try colored pencils on Kraft paper and I like it!



Card Materials: all stamps and papers from The Angel Company
Stamps: retired saying and angels
Accessories: Penelope Soar with It Collection and cardstock, Kraft, flower arranging ribbon from Michaels, colored pencils, nestabilities and my new Cuttlebug embossing plates! :)

Yesterday I served these delicious muffins to my stamping ladies...I first saw them featured on Melissa Phillips blog and she sprinkled them with sugar on top before baking. I did that too but I cut the sugar from the original 3 cups and so I'm providing you with that recipe below...they were plenty sweet and so yummy (and I am not a pumkin pie fan but they looked so wonderful that I had to try them!)



Pumpking Cranberry Bread
Ingredients
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
4 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup orange juice or water
1 cup sweetened dried, fresh or frozen cranberries (dried were wonderful!!)

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans. COMBINE flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.BAKE for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Recipe makes two loaves.

I made two pans of muffins and they baked perfectly just at 30 min. This line is from the original recipe: Remember to follow baking instructions before consuming. I would advise you to limit yourself to 4 in one day...I speak from experience!! tee hee... Have a super week!

6 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

That Christmas card is gorgeous!! Love the nontraditional colors and your design!!

Those muffins look totally yummy!! Wowzers am I ever drooling!!
hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

Love your Christmas card Chris! And the muffins look very tasty :D

Danni said...

That sketch scared me but you made a wonderful card with it!! Wonderful!
Those muffins look so yummy!

Annette said...

I love your card and the angels are so cute! Your muffins look so yummy, I love all the baking during the holidays! Have a wonderful weekend!

Angela said...

Love the new card you made! And thanks for the get-together at your house...got all my cards out...I actually had a few left over! :0) And thanks for the recipe for the muffins...those were great!

Silli said...

Your card is sooo cute, love the angels, the muffins are so yummy...hmmmmmm;-) Big hugs!