Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Inspiration - Pass it on!

I'm so sore today! I haven't run in months after I fell on my hip and have had quite a bit of pain but I finally did a cardio DVD workout that my husband has been urging me to try - I hung in there for the whole time (with a few modifications and extra rests here and there!) and was so proud of myself. And boy oh boy, I feel it today! But swim suit weather is just around the corner - as I look out the window at four foot piles of snow. Sure!

Heather from Oz-somestamps has been using chalks recently and that really inspired me to pull out my sets... The Angel Company has a nice selection and I had forgotten how shimmery and beautiful these chalk sets are!


I stamped Victorian Elements in the Versamark Dazzle pad and then rubbed a red and green chalk from the Jewel Tones family. Between the sparkle of the Versamark pad and the chalks, this card is so shimmery in real life!


Card Materials: all stamps and papers from The Angel Company
Stamps: Victorian Elements, Savvy Sayings
Accessories: lace, plastic pearls, sizzix flower punch, Brown bazzill, red DCWV, Noir palette ink, Versamark Dazzle, Jewel Tone chalks

When I was gluing the pearls in place, I dropped a bit of glue on the brown panel and hoped that it would dry well and not show. No such luck...sigh, and of course the rest of the card was all glued down. In the end it turned out well I think, to add this strip of lace - it added to the whole card and subdued that brown a bit. Phew! I wish it had been sunny today to take a better picture but this was the best I could get, even fiddling with the photo. Take care - I hope you are having a great week and I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog!

3 comments:

Barb said...

This is so soft and pretty, Chris... LOVE it!

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Chris! Glad you pulled out your chalks! Hope you feel better soon!

Silli said...

Hello dear Chris, your card is beautiful...I love the soft colors...great idea with the chalk... I love the borders... I hope, you have a wonderful day and you are lucky... Big hugs...