Monday, August 23, 2010

My turn!

sigh...it's finally my turn to hop on the computer! The kids have been doing online stuff all day and now in between driving them to sports, I get a chance to post my card for today.

I really didn't care for this mouse the first time I used him...but now that I tried again with my Copics, I love him! I automatically colored him brown the first time; but, I saw on Mischelle's post over on The Angel Company's website where she colored the little guy grey so being the copy cat that I am, I had to try it too.

This card was for my nephew's third birthday...or is it 4th? The years fly by and he's just the cutest little thing. My sister told me how he had been discussing with his big sister as to which Playmobile set he might get this year. My sister was in a panic because no one had planned to get him any sets and she sent the "word" through her daughter that there wouldn't be any Playmobile this year. I didn't know all of the behind the scenes discussions but when I went to the toy store with my own daughter, we automatically were drawn to the car Playmobile sets and that's what we had sent him...so when our package arrived, he was so excited and shouted, "see, I told you so! I told you so!". Wow, it feels good to be hero in someone's eyes...

oh well, time is running short and I'd better get this posted and move on...I know you are busy too!


Stamps: English Everyday Cuties and Copics from The Angel Company

oh, and just to show you how badly I can color, here is my first attempt. Thankfully this one I didn't try and salvage but just threw it away and tried again. Greys and reds really want to run I have found so stay a bit away from the edges and use a light touch...



I'm busy preparing for my Vintage Card class coming up this Thursday from 10-12. If you live in the area, I'd love to have you come! We have room for two more at the table. :)

2 comments:

papertrails leaver said...

Very cute card for nephew! Glad you secured some computer time. I had those battles in the past with DD. :-)

Juliet A said...

Gray is a good color for mice. I happen to like this mouse, much better than the house mouse mice!