Friday, August 27, 2010

Scalloped Cards

I've always admired scalloped cards,both square and circle, but truthfully it bothers me when part of the scallop is ruined by the fold of the card. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this simple way around the problem!

I cut two pieces of scalloped cardstock...one for the front and one is the base. On the base card, using my scorpal, I just score a line across the top - about 1/2 inch down. Once I've decorated the front of the card, I glue/tape just that one half inch section of the base card to the back of my front panel and that will be where my card "folds".





Card Materials: All stamps and papers are from The Angel Company.

This patterned paper comes from the Brighten My Day paper pack - now only $5.95 for 36 sheets (6 colors, 6 patterns - one of each 8x8 sheet!). It pairs up wonderfully with the DCWV mat stacks.


In addition to the cute Stamp of the Month, The Angel Company has an August special where you buy a stamp set (Spiders are Seen) and you get a free mini album kit! This stamp set will be in the fall magalogue, Inspiration Avenue, but why not treat yourself to something free and get a headstart on Halloween?

2 comments:

VanessaB said...

I just love these! scalloped cards scare me, too. maybe you'll inspire me to be brave and give it a try. ;) I LOVE that frog image. so cute!

Debbie said...

I would love to see a side photo to make sure I understand what you do.
Makes for a nice unique card!