Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fall Thanks

Yikes, I missed posting on Monday because my son was sick and time got away from me. When my kids are sick they like my company and want to snuggle...the rest of the time it's more like, "oh mom!!" in that impatient tone. sigh...

I had to buy the Customer Appreciation pack because I just loved the sets...especially this one. I used the super cheap glossy print paper from the Dollar Store for this card. You can't emboss I found on it but I sponged on Palette inks from the Lautrec four pack. These packages make it simple to know what colors belong together and in this case, they were perfect colors for fall.

I had to let it dry and then go over the colors one more time for a more vibrant tone and it also helped blend them together. Once they dried again, I stamp my stamp image over the glossy paper with Memento and then let it dry overnight to be safe - I found if I touched it too soon after, the black would have smeared because I did end up with a tad of it on my fingers! The black circle was just laying in my scrap pile from a time I had to trim down a solid circle mat - I thought it went perfectly with the round circles of the word thanks...



All stamps and papers (retired Amelia Soar with it Collection) from The Angel Company

Speaking of fall...I usually show my son's football pictures but here is a picture of my daughter! She made the JV cheerleading team at school as a freshman - and she couldn't even do a cartwheel earlier in the year, just like her mom! She's definately a hard worker.

5 comments:

Trudy Osborn said...

Both you daughter and this card are beautiful!

Lori Pilla said...

Cheering is such a great way to be part of the school. My daughter is on her second year as a JV cheerleader. She has so much fun. Congrats to your daughter. She is a lovely young lady. The card is beautiful also.

Rita W said...

Beautiful card! And even more beautiful daughter - she does take after her mom in many ways!!

Silli said...

What a sweet girl... I think, this is your sister...;-) (can you understand this)...? Beautiful!!!!! And I love your card, beautiful colors...HUGS

Anonymous said...

I hope you daughter enjoys cheerleading...I sure did when I was in High School way back when! What a great photo! And the card you made is awesome, too!