Friday, January 7, 2011

Magnetic Magic

This is not an attempt to "push my wares"...just a friendly review of a product we happen to carry and how it could make your life easier.

Before we even began to carry Spellbinders and all the supplies, I happened to order a magnetic spacer. But, it came warped from being in the mail and I must have stuck it under my big stack of magazines to flatten out. That was over a year ago and I have searched high and low for that thing and was about ready to order a new one until this week (remember my husband's new years' resolution for keeping a better house so I attacked my messy stack of magazines) I found it!!!). YAY!

Some of you may not realize it but you can run two Nestabilities dies through the machine and make a double cut in one pass - this was news to some of my hostess club ladies. I've always used strips of blue painters tape to hold the dies in place...well I can tell you, no more!



This magnetic plate held everything right in place and it cut beautifully through a sheet of cardboard box, no slippage at all. These are the dies laying in place on the black magnetic sheet. It's like magic!



On a side and funny note. Did you know that our cling stamps can go through an entire wash cycle and still come out clinging? I do all my stamping on top of my washing machine and tonight the unexpected and unthinkable happened! My cute little penguin did a nose dive into the warm cycle (while I wasn't looking) and survived. Now you know!

I've been subbing in Kindergarten this week and I can't tell you how much joy it brings me. Today one of the little boys snuggled up against me as we sat on the carpet and the main teacher read them a story. He looked up at me and just beamed...what a great feeling that is! I hope your weekend is filled with blessings as well.

3 comments:

Juliet A said...

wow - I guess it's a good thing I just bought one!

Angela aka disneychick said...

Glad to know that they can go through the wash! :D

Kim said...

I hadn't heard of a magnetic sheet!!!!! Oh boy, do I need one! I might just break my stamp spending fast just once for one of these babies! I'm so tired of worrying about something moving when I run it through. Thanks for the heads up, Chris! How much are they and can you order one for me?