Monday, February 28, 2011

Fabulous February - Joy of Easter

sigh...today is the last day of You Make February Fabulous! I hope you have enjoyed the inspiration from the Guest Designers and don't forget that TODAY is the last day you can buy all of these wonderful, featured stamps for 25% off. Did you see something you just had to have that didn't really catch your eye before? I saw lots and the set I just ordered was Be Lifted (with the kites)...I can't wait to play with it!

Today's card is really simple but sweet, I think. I colored my image in with colored pencils and gamsol. That touch of lace is left over from when my Mother In Law made a colonial style dress for my daughter when she was in the 4th grade (she's in 9th now so I've really held on to these scraps for a LONG time, eh?!)




I heat embossed the saying, which is from the Filled With Joy set - I used it a lot this month! So many wonderful sayings...


10 comments:

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

That is a sweet card. I like the lace - it is spring-y!

Risa said...

I love that lace! I would hold on to it til it was all gone too! Your card is super cute Chris!

Debra Miller said...

Pretty card Chris!

Kim said...

Great card Chris! I love the lavendar & touch lace... Perfect!

Silli said...

such a cute card Chris, love the image and the colors...and what you did with the lace...wow

Sandy said...

Very cute - I love the purple & olive colors together

Michelle said...

very cute! Love that image :D Great addition with the lace...too sweet!

Chelsea said...

Great card. Love the lace!

Annette said...

What a sweet card! The image is adorable and I love the lace!

Teresa Jenkins said...

So pretty! Love the lace!