Thursday, February 3, 2011

Fabulous February - Watercolor Plants



Do you ever really feel like mixing things up or trying something completely new? That's what I did here! I stamped with bleach on dark cardstock and then went in and used watercolor pencils on top of the flowers, afterwards I blended it slightly with an aquabrush.

It actually feels a little dark for my taste so I tried to lighten it up with the yellow and peach accents. I did learn that you should tap of once before you stamp final on your cardstock...this gets off the extra wetness of the bleach and allows for a better image on the second stamping.

Now be sure to head over to the Savvy Projects Blog because today Holly Mays has some lovely examples of more Watercolor Plants! It's also a blog hop (check out the previous stamp sets - there is still time to join in on the fun!) and each week there will be one lucky winner!



12 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice - and what a fun technique.

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Chris, that is very pretty. You did a nice job on it.

Mischelle said...

What a cool idea! I LOVE it when people try new things and this technique was WAAAY off my radar! Very nice Chris!

Maria said...

What a fun technique, I love how you added the color with pencils.

Debra Miller said...

Neat - looks like a chalkboard!

Juliet A said...

I really like this! If anything, I would have squeezed in more flowers - it looks just a wee bit sparce.

Angela aka disneychick said...

I love the bleaching technique and it turned out really cute on this card! Nice!

Unknown said...

How unique! Love the look!

Chris said...

Your comment cracks me up Juliet because I did have a crowded field first and I thought it was just too busy! Probably there is a happy medium out there but I think you are right!

Kim said...

Very kool Chris! I haven't done any bleach stamping in years... and have never used chalk over the top, will have to give this a try!

Chelsea said...

nice look ... it's fun to just try things out like that!

AmethystCat said...

how neat - I'm definitely going to have to try this technique!