Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Guest Designer Today! Delicate Florals

Today is the day! I'm terrified and excited at the same time...I am the Guest Designer over at The Angel Company's Savvy Projects Blog. Here is a short version of my post...




This first card features chalks. I love white cards - they really make the main image shine. But, I also love texture and I was able to add those little touches through the cardboard and Impressionabilities background.





Next I used Copics on my Delicate Florals. I bought this set for these narrow sprigs - you can see my first project in my sidebar for some really cool watercolored gift tags. Copics are bright and vivid - I love them! But, in this case, I wanted to soften up the look a bit and layered them with vellum. This double sided Emma paper from The Angel Company is a MUST HAVE.





This was the very first card I made with my Delicate Florals set. I love to watercolor with Tombow markers and the key here is to use 2-3 shades of each color to get a more intense color. I learned to drag a Versamark pad over dry embossing from Mischelle and it's great how it really makes the background pop.





My last card is a bookmark card! It's an oldie but goodie I think...the perfect note to send a friend. I used Prismacolor pencils on both sets of flowers and then fussy cut them out...the details to make this card are over on the Savvy Projects Blog.




Well, that wraps it up. Thank you so much for visiting me today! Thank you to Mischelle for giving me the chance to be a Guest Designer today...what an honor!

Don't forget that The Angel Company is having a special stamp sale with all of these featured stamps (and more!!) on sale for 25 % off...you can see the details here.

CARD SUPPLIES:

CARD 1: Delicate Florals T3012, Filled with Joy T3366, Shimmer and Jewel Tone Chalks Kits A504/A505, Dove Blender F04, Noir Palette Ink TT220, Labels 3 K301, Flourishes Impressionabilities K304

CARD 2: Delicate Florals T3012, White Vellum V224, White Caboodle Cardstock V293, Emma Soar with it Collection V856 and cardstock B326, Versamark Ink S1179, Copics

CARD 3: Delicate Florals T3012, Lovely Peony T3414, Maggie Soar with it Collection V847 and cardstock B327, Emboss Pad S775, Versamark Ink S1179, Black Embossing Powder S771, Light Crysral Brads D305, Labels 9 K299, Floral and Stone Impressionabilities K310 and watercolor paper

CARD 4: Delicate Florals T3012, Filled with Joy T3366, Bless Your Heart TA3238, Lilly Anna Soar with it Collection V833 and cardstock B314, Lilly Anna Ribbon B214, Marvy Gigal Scalloped Circle Punch D701, Noir Palette Ink TT220, Transcendence Embossing Powder C151, Pop Dots D89, Scrappers Floss F903, Prismacolored Pencils, Scor Pal F358, Crop A Dile and Case (which includes large eyelest!) K100/K101, Crop a Dile Corner Chomper K414

10 comments:

Tricia T said...

Wonderful cards! And I learned something, too! I didn't know about the Versamark over embossing trick. Thanks!

Angela K said...

Chris, wonderful job, your cards are all just beautiful!!

Sandy said...

Chris, beautiful cards - thanks for sharing

Debra Hensley said...

All your cards are so beautiful! I love the colors and the layouts-and all the different coloring techniques! Great job as gues designer!

Juliet A said...

Awesome! I suppose this is the time to upload the one I made!

Linda Williams said...

Flowers are my favorite cards to stamp. Your cards really reflect the "Delecate Floral" theme. Thanks for sharing your gift and enthusiasm for stamping.

Beth said...

Your work is always so beautiful, Chris - it's such a joy to see things you've made! I love the springy colors!

Chelsea said...

Awesome job Chris ... I can't believe that you actually cut these out ... That takes great patience! Great coloring and great samples!

Silli said...

so many beautiful cards Chris, busy woman!!! Love your work and love your coloring! BIG hugs;-) thinking of you!

Angela aka disneychick said...

Beautiful Cards, Chris! It is great that you were a guest designer...you do a great job! Love your cards!