Friday, March 25, 2011

Pot of Gold Blog Hop

Come join us!!

This challenge runs through Sunday and there are just a few little requirements for your card! It must include: green, layers, ribbon/brad, stitching (real or fake!) and a punched item. So easy ... so do play along!

Here is my little entry! The purples do match in real life...I know you understand!


Card Materials: All stamps, ribbons, eyelets and papers from The Angel Company

Yup, I used my little hand held funky sewing machine. After the above results, that thing is heading into the trash! Honestly, I can sew a straight line!! {big grin} I just don't do zippers! tee hee...




14 comments:

Rhonda Sarver said...

now, see, I thought the rustic stitching looked cute. I thought you did it on purpose! Nice card.

Sandy said...

cute, love your color combinations

Chelsea said...

I like the card and the stitching. Does not bother me that it is not straight. Very elegant!

Laurie Unger said...

I like that your stitching is not straight - it adds to the flavor of your card!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so pretty Chris!! Love the ruffled ribbon and the "Rustic" stitching.

Glittered Paws said...

I think the stitching something special - but you are right - probably wouldn't do much good in putting in a zipper!!! Great card love the purple.

Risa said...

Good thing cards dont need zippers ;)! I kinda like the wonky stitching it gives nice texture. I figured for sure it was a creative touch done with purpose. I love your card Chris. Every element adds to the finished design, that can be hard to do with these challenges! Beautiful.

StampingbugKerry said...

Hey, "funky" stitching has a purpose, so don't toss that hand-held!!! It's great for "trashy" cards and great when traveling. And you can always say, you meant to have "trashy" stitching!!! LOL.

Kerry

Juliet A said...

I like the wild stitching on your card - mine is much worse!

I love what you do with ribbon - you are such an inspiration!

Holly said...

LOVE how you did your ribbon!

Christine Pennington said...

I love that the stitching is not perfect! Great card Chris!!

Alley said...

I like the touch of just a stamped sentiment, makes it sophisticated

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

very sweet card! Any occasion!

Debra Miller said...

Great card Chris - I will have a post on DDH next week with very similar stitching :) Love it.