Yesterday the rain poured down harder than I've ever seen it...my backyard is half washed away because I know realize just how much of a slope I live on - I get it from the side neighbor and our back neighbor. My son and I bailed water for 3 hours straight to keep ahead of the flooding in the crawl space - it lapped into my stamping room (which is also my laundry room!) but I moved the papers and inks to higher grounds. As it poured in through the some major cracks in the walls, we scooped and dumped it out. It was backbreaking work and I can barely move today but I had one bright spot in it all (we worked by candles because the power went out too ... seriously?!). I have an inspiration board above my washing machine and it was in my direct sight as I worked. Each card reminded me of some one and I welcomed the distraction of looking again at each piece more carefully and thinking of them, of you...
- Juliet's trading cards - she is the queen of ATCs (and now inchies), a good friend who always pushes me a little harder.
- Sannie's cards - my very first customer from the Netherlands, sadly she's been sick and hasn't stamped in years...but she had a wonderful style.
- Mischelle's cards - the owner of The Angel Company, such exquisite work and the words were equally wonderful inside!
- Awna's card - my first buddy from The Angel Company, sadly she left years ago and we've lost touch
- Dina Kowal's card - I bought it on etsy so I could see her work close up and personal, I've been following her blog for years.
- Silke's card - such a wonderful friend from Germany, she's in such demand from Design Teams and yet she makes time to feature some stamps from me on her blog!
- yikes, even some of my own work that I really liked.
And as I bailed out bucket after bucket, I thought of all of you and how far I've come in this stamping world and the new adventure that awaits. Hopefully the postman really can come through rain (and floods) and deliver my new kit today. It's going to be okay!!