Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Calling all Papercrafters

Mischelle, the owner of The Angel Company is having a contest open to all papercrafters - you don't have to be an "angel" to participate! Here are the details -- you have lots of time to enter the following Contest Categories:

Stamp Art
Scrap Art
Paper Arts
Altered Art

Don't forget to go over to SCS via my Bushfire link! They want to encourage the global community to read more about this cause and to view this video. With over 90 items up for grabs in the non-raffle prize gallery, there's never been a better time to spread the word and make a donation to benefit the victims of the terrible fires that recently devastated Australia. They are trying to reach $10,000 but have only raised a bit over $2000 (monies go to the Red Cross) -- and there are some great "non raffle" prizes for sure!!

And now a quick card share - and then it's back to working on taxes for me. Ugh, it's already day 2 of it, no wonder I procrastinate each year!!


This card has a "happy" mistake...so even though it's quite simple, I wanted to show you. It measures 4.25 in by 4.5 in and I love that size! I must not have cleaned my flourish stamp very well; and so, when I inked it up with the pink and stamped final, I had a blackish/greyish bleed through in some spots. At first I thought, oh no! but then I noticed the resulting color actually matched perfectly to the look of the papers.

Card Materials:

Stamps: Inspirational Sayings, Flourishes

Paper: Uptown Girl

PS. To get your stamps really clean (and what I should have used but must have been too lazy and put the stamp away dirty) is our TAC spray cleaner! It's amazing and gets palette inks off perfectly.)

3 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

wow, that card is lovely,
would not have dreamed it was a happy accident,
hugs
Angie

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your paper and colors!! That is my favorite verse. The Our Daily Bread Design Team Members could pick their favorite verse for a stampset that Kelley made especially for the one year anniversary. This is the one I chose. TFS! Have a great night!

Silli said...

Hello Chris, your card is so beautiful. I love that paper... The colors are fab... Happy friday...;-)