Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cards for Heros

This week many blogs I follow have been creating cards for the Cards for Heros blog hop. I wasn't an original poster but I've had fun hopping through the blogs seeing the various cards.

In case you didn't know, I served almost 8 years in the US Army when I married my husband and George just retired last summer after 20 years. I've always loved the military life and am happy to keep close to it by living here in Washington DC. I served under a great man, Lieutenant General Timothy Maude, several times in my short military career and it was with horror that I found out he was killed in the 9 11 attacks on the Pentagon. This is a weekend that I think of him and his family each year...and I know there are thousands of families out there with a similar emptiness.

The card I want to share is just a simple tribute to our brave men and women...and whether you live in the USA or abroad, how lucky we all are to have those that are willing to sacrifice each day to keep us safe!



This is a retired stamp set from The Angel Company - remember when that wrought iron punch was so poplular?! To check out the entire blog hop, and there are some spectacular treats awaiting you, be sure to go to the Cards For Heros blog...http://cardsforheroes.org/bloghop/

By the way, the name of my blog came from my stamping group at church where we get together once a month to stamp cards for wounded soldiers as part of Operation Quiet Comfort. A happy and safe Memorial Day weekend to all of you!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Chris... I LOVE how you emphasized the colors of the flag!

Trudy Osborn said...

What a wonderful card! I love the spotlighting