Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Time well spent...with you my friend

I've been so busy prepping for my Open House that I just wanted to stamp for "fun" today. I checked out a couple of sketches this morning and will be trying my hand at a few more, but today's SCS sketch was super easy for me as I've had this Gerbera Daisy colored and cut out for more than a year -- time to use it, wouldn't you say!?!


Card Materials:
(stamps and papers from The Angel Company)
Stamps: Time Well Spent (retired), Gerbera Daisy
Accessories: Juliette Soar with it Collection and cardstock, colored pencils, Burnt Umber palette ink

Confession time...I was talking on the phone with my parents while I was taping all of these layers down. Somehow I dropped my burnt umber ink cube, face down and it bounced twice - yup, across the card! I ended up pulling all the layers apart and inked the edges to help blend it in. It actually looks nicer this way - phew! Lesson learned, do NOT multi task when working with ink and tape! tee hee... Thanks for visiting with me today - I appreciate it, friend!!

5 comments:

Bridgett Owens said...

I love the inked edges, the Juliette paper, the Gerbera Daisy and the sentiment. It's a fantastic card!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Teresa Kline said...

hi, I found you while blog hopping and see you are from VA, me too. your card is gorgoeus!

stop by my blog if you have time
www.enjoythevasunshine.blogspot.com

enjoy*~*

Silli said...

Hello Chris, your card is beautiful. I love the big flowers and the colors. Hugs and happy day...;-) Silke

Debbie said...

Chris:
I suggest a headset for your phone! : )
See you soon,
Debbie

patty.cakes from GA said...

I think your card is gorgeous, maybe you should drop a pen often--no one would ever know the difference if you didn't say anything.