Friday, January 29, 2010

Get Well Little One

The Toodle Loo Soar with it Collection is definately a kids' themed paper but the colors are oh so wonderful so I often grab it for adult cards too. But, in this case, I think this would be a super get well card for a child and I want to look into sending cards to sick little ones. (Right now a group of gals and I make cards for the wounded soldiers but with having so many kid stamps in my collection, because it's a worthy cause!, and it seems that I keep seeing the idea pop up on various blogs and SCS - so it must be an "echo" prompting me to go in that direction)



It really is quite a simple card - I didn't feel like lugging out my sewing machine this week so I grabbed my Running Stitches stamp set, after all, that's what it's for! I colored this little bear with Prismacolored pencils and gamsol and then cut him out so that I could pop him on the white embossed panel - a trick I learned from the talented Chris Olsen!



Card Materials: all stamps and paper from The Angel Company
Stamps: English Everyday Cuties, Running Stitches
Accessories: Toodle Loo Soar with it Collection and cardstock, ribbon, CB embossing plate, nestabilities oval scallop

I hope you have a great weekend - the kids are home today and on Monday and I'm sure I will be like a taxi cab all weekend! Don't forget that there are only a few days left in January to take advantage of the Stamp of the Month specials (I just can't believe January has passed by in a blurr!)

7 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Chris! That is so cute! This is by far the cutest card that I've seen made with any of the images in this set! Way to go!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Awww soooo cute!

Silli said...

OMG Chris, your card is soooo sweet! Love this cute image... Many thanks for the links to your shop... Great deals... Love the stamps from TAC so much!!!! Big hugs and happy weekend...

Dee said...

Chris, that is the cutest. That stamp is so cute.

Kelly said...

I love that bear.... He's just too cute!

Anonymous said...

This is just too, too cute! Great paper choice. rita w

Trudy Osborn said...

This is just pure cuteness! LOVE it