Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Victorian Elements (aka damask!)

I love the Victorian Elements set because the pieces are so large in it...they make a great focal point as well as backgrounds. Honestly though, I own every single damask stamp set The Angel Company carries because I love them all. I still have to cut out my ginormous one and get it inky...sigh...one of these days!

This idea I borrowed from the super talented Risa. She makes the most beautifully detailed cards and I loved how she stamped this pattern in two colors...I would've never thought of it, sad to say! But now I can pass along this super idea to you.



Card Materials: all stamps from The Angel Company
Stamps: Victorian Elements, Damask Backgrounder
Accessories: Corner rounder, Nestabilities

The bottom small flower and leaves is covering up where I accidently smudged my "f" in the saying. Anything (well, almost!) can be fixed. This would be a quick card to reproduce and give as a set to a mom, sister or female friend...it's a win-win situation. You get to craft and do what you love and they get the benefit of sending out a lovely card without having to run out to Hallmark.

Have a super week! Blessings...

4 comments:

Myrna said...

This is really lovely. So simple but so elegant.
Myrna

Danni said...

Love this! I haven't really ever used many of the damask stamps but last night was thinking I needed to try them...now after seeing this beauty of a card, they are going on my wishlist for sure!

Trudy Osborn said...

Fabulous card! I wouldn't have thought to stamp it twice either...great job on the "cover-up" I wouldn't have known it was an added piece

Juliet A said...

That was a great workshop - if you have leftovers, you should offer a special for Rosalina.