Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Seeing spots

I have another Valentine to post today! My friend Julie was going to have some of us over today to stamp for a great cause...Card Cupids. But the kids are home from school because of the rain/snow/ice that has been falling so I'll just have to work on my cards here from home.



I had fun with this card because I colored the image with Copics and then went to match my paper and yuck, the pinks were off with everything that I had! So, I went from there and made my own background piece to let the elephant shine. I stamped the Bitty Dots (the elephant and bitty dots stamps are free sets when you spend $30 over at The Angel Company - and right now you get 3 free until the end of January, woohoo!) in black and that looked nice, but I wanted some texture. My cyber friend, Kim McNutt, uses multiple textures ALL over her cards and it always makes them so interesting. I just lined up my CB folder up to the edge of the dots and embossed. Then I flipped the card around and did that to the other side...so easy and it really did add a lot to the card. I also used some tools I haven't in a while - my cropadile and Marvy scallop punch!

I hope you are having a safe, warm and happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Juliet A said...

I love the black and white with just a hint of pink!

Jen Carter said...

This is so cute!! Love the embossed background and the cute little elephant!

Angela aka disneychick said...

Very cute! Love it! Please send some snow this way!!

Trudy Osborn said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I love it...gonna have to get this stamp