Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Almost done shopping!

phew! Once again I managed to wait until the last minute to do most of my Christmas shopping...and now I'm dealing with: things my daughter put on her wish list are sold out (eeck! I'm going to be in trouble! She had links and everything ready months ago...), trying to find a balance between more electronic games versus "get out and play" games for my 10 year old son (ideas welcome! He loves football but is a couch potato the rest of the year...), and deciding what to get for my husband. I got him a pull up bar to go over the door but I probably need something more than that, eh? ... sigh. With all this wrapping going on, I needed more tags and I was "inspired" by Tim Holtz's blog where he is doing 12 Day of Christmas tags. wowser...don't get your hopes for my creations but his are certainly worth taking a look at! I also wanted to try some vintage dictionary backgrounds that I saw featured on Mel Stampz blog...it's an incredible site for fun ideas and she provides oodles of tutorials and patterns. In this case, you can download the background from a PDF and print it on cardstock. Then I just used my sizzix to die cut some tags and I decorated them with some current and retired TAC stamp sets. I also used some stickles and embossing here and there to jazz them up.





In real life the colors do match! And, I felt much better when the ladies at my hostess club saw my ornaments card featuring the Happy Winter set below in a past post ... and they said it looked much better in real life than in the photo.

1 comment:

Sannie said...

Hi Chris,

I have given you a award, if you want to see witch one, it's on my blog. greetings sannie