Wednesday, April 14, 2010

More ... or ... Less?

I know that sometimes, more equals more and less is just less.

But sometimes, less is more!! Know what I mean?!

This card is a case in point...do I go with the embossed green panel, or just leave it plain?

I cased my favorite card in the latest issue of Serendipity from The Angel Company. If you aren't getting our catalogs in hard cover, you really are missing out on some great card ideas and projects. I love how it's set up litte a magazine - hence the name, "Magalogue"! You can still get a copy but now The Angel Company has made Serendipity available as a PDF and you can download it here.
But, back to my card! I used the Flourish impressionabilities plate from Spellbinders that we now carry and inked it up with Noir palette ink. Then I ran it through and embossed/inked the base cardstock in one sweep. So, this is my "more" card...


But I also like the clean look of the "less" card...


And I really don't want you to miss out on the butterfly. Once I colored it in with Prismacolored pencils and gamsol, I covered it in Crystal Lacquer, let it dry overnight and then cut it out. It's just gorgeous in real life.

All stamps and papers from The Angel Company.

If you need anything this month (you don't want to miss out on the Celebrate Him sets!) April 15th is the day to order! I am paying the sales tax for you...so save instantly by emailing me your order before midnight, or order on line and I will send you a check. Either way, you win!

8 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Usually, I'm a "less" girl (LOL!) but this time I vote for "more"! Both cards look great though!

Deb (dcorder) said...

I vote for MORE!

Beautiful cards!

Bridgett Owens said...

I agree with Jenn. I am always the clean and simple cards kinda girl but I love the "more" card, too. Both are great but the first one just really pops and it actually makes the butterfly really stand out! Sweet tax deal! I hope your customers take advantage of your great offer!
Angel Hugs,
Bridgett

Silli said...

Oh Chris, I love both cards, I love green and I love the beautiful butterfly... Very pretty. Hugs and happy day!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful cards! I love them both! You do such a wonderful job!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh I am so loving your beautiful blue butterfly!! Gorgeous designs! I vote for the more!! Beautiful work Chris!! Love the tearing!!

Annette said...

I love them both but the "more" is my favorite, must be that gorgeous background you created! Love the butterfly too! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Trudy Osborn said...

These are such great cards, but I guess I am going to have to go against the crowd and say the less is my fav