Monday, August 16, 2010

In a new light...

I always enjoy seeing the new releases from other stamp companies...let's face it, there are a LOT of choices out there! Often times I have something very similiar from The Angel Company, and really, price wise, their stamps are a good deal.

So, last week when I saw some fall tree ideas from PTI...I remembered my stamp set called Spring Time (from at least 2 years ago). It has two naked tree trunks and then a whole lot of stamps to decorate the tree! Not just for one season, but for ALL seasons!!

I'm not sure that I had ever even used the fall leaves but I was really inspired to play around with this set. I inked the leaves in Raw Sienna palette ink and then rolled the stamp in Orangerie palette ink. By masking with just a scrap piece of paper, I could place just one or two of the leaves where I wanted them.


Card Materials: all stamps and papers from The Angel Company
Stamps: Spring Time, words (retired - but I have an extra set or two if you are interested!)
Accessories: Bazzill cardstock, ribbon, cuttlebug embossing folder, palette inks, corner rounder

With all the rain we've been having, the temperatures cooled down some this week. It was rather nice but I know in a few months from now I'll be longing for 90 degrees again, tee hee!

I was so excited when 5 former Angels decided to rejoin my team last month...and now there is a great sign up special if you are at all interested in becoming a demonstrator. I've enjoyed my last 8 years with The Angel Company and look forward to the future... Email me if you are interested!

4 comments:

Angela K said...

Love what you have done with this set! It is very similar.

Silli said...

wonderful stamps Chris, I love your card, love the fabby colors...HUGS

Kelly said...

Lovely card! I like this set also:)
Kelly R.

Bridgett Owens said...

Sweet card! I do the same thing... find a card I like using something similar to a TAC stamp set I already own and create something really new and fun! With the affordable stamps we carry, it really is even better...it feels like you get more for your money! Thanks for sharing this and inspiring me to look at my stamps in new ways again!