Friday, August 13, 2010

Wrapping it up

It's been a fun two weeks visiting all the paricipants in the Embellish color challenge that I sponsored. I appreciate all of the visitors to my blog during that time - both the old faithful visitors and new friends alike! I hope I don't disappoint!

Congratulations to Sharon Corn for winning my blog candy...I'll send you a note and get your address!

Random Sequence Generator
Here is your sequence:

40

Timestamp: 2010-08-13 07:44:29 UTC

I couldn't wait for this stamp to arrive once I first spotted it in the catalog...but once it was time to ink it up, I was a bit intimidated as how to color it. I ended up sponging on some green ink and painting a little walnut stain across it. I wanted to keep the color scheme of the Embellish challenge and ended up sponging on some pink ink to the little bird. I saw a lot of pink birds on the submissions so that inspired me! That tone ended up not quite right so I watercolored a pink from my Tombow markers...whoa! Now the tone was way too dark, especially when I took a photo. So, I restamped the image, and found the perfect pink Tombow marker on my third try - colored, cut out and popped up the bird. (Everything else had already been glued down - including that stick which I picked up from one of the moms in the challenge who sent her 3 year old out for sticks - I loved that story!! I just wrapped mine in green paper because I needed more of a pop of green on my card). Once I took the picture, I realized how glaringly bright pink that bird now was so I grabbed my New Canvas palette ink and just dragged and dabbed at the bird until it was just right - 4th time is the charm!

Card Materials: all stamps from The Angel Company

Stamps: Be Still, Peace Be Still, Background Soup

Accesories: More Mimi Soar with it Collection (TAC), kraft cardstock, buttons, scrappers floss, lace, Versamark Dazzle ink, Burnt Umber Palette ink

Thanks for coming by...I hope you have a super weekend!


4 comments:

Heather said...

What a lovely card - it is so soft and romantic. Love the twig too - it is a perfect addition.

Sarah said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the twig, never thought of using those on cards, but it looks amazing x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful image, verse and card Chris!! SO soft and pretty!! The twig is the perfect touch!
hugs,
Chris

Bridgett Owens said...

This is so different from anything I have seen before! I like the branch added to the card front. The pink bird is so sweet but doesn't take away from the other elements of the card.